Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Hair Goals

I have several hair goals that I want to try to accomplish so that I can retain length. My hair is still in that awkward in-between stage that its not as short as a TWA, but its still to short for many different styles. There are a lot of things I have to change if I want to be able to get my hair into a bun or ponytail, or many other protective styles. So here they are:

1. Reduce my denman usage. I just found a different method that works just as well, but is better on my hair, so I don't think I'll be using it much anymore (see my product rotation and routine page).

2. Have my hair in a protective style for at LEAST 2 weeks out of the month.

3. Moisturize my hair at night at least every other night! My hair is REALLY dry, and if I don't moisturize it before bed it'll feel dry when I wake up, even if I use a satin bonnet. Sometimes I get lazy and I don't do it, but I really want to try to do it at least every other night.

4. Stop using headbands (with the combs) so often. I usually use these about 5 or 6 times a week, and I don't want too much tension on one section of hair, so I'm trying to stop that so much. So from now on I am going to either use a headband that doesn't have combs, or just part my hair and style it that way.

5. Limit shampooing to 2x/mth. I will still co-wash in between of course! Even though I use a very gentle shampoo my hair is very dry so I will try to limit it.

It's really good to have goals when it comes with your hair, everyone can usually benefit from a goal of some type.

No comments:

Post a Comment