Monday, June 13, 2011

Toddler Friendly Hairstyles- French Braided Ponytails & Shirley Temple Curls

When I went to NYC to visit some family, my aunt did a couple of hairstyles on her. The first one is the french braid pigtails. I loved this style! I do not know how to french braid, but I really want to learn! Here is how you do it:

1. Part hair in the center
2. French braid each side
3. Secure each ponytail with an cute barrette, or connect them with one barrette like I did!


my Aunt also did Shirley Temple curls on her. It is a very easy style, and it only requires water. It's something I will probably save for special occasions.  Here is how you do the style:

1. You throughly wet your child's hair with a spray bottle of water
2. You take different sections of hair in your hand, and twist and twist and twist all the way to the end, and then you just let go.
3. You do a bunch of sections throughout the hair, until you have done their entire head




  

It didn't really hold up in her sleep though. She wore it home on the 7 hr total of flights that day, and by the time we got home it was a frizzy mess. Its something that would probably only last a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment